Changing category labels
Some datasets may not directly include desired categorical text, but acronyms, codes, or other variations. The meaning of data values are commonly specified in additional codebooks.
For example, type of location of an event database can be coded as "R" in place of "Road", "H" in place of "Home", and "OC" in place of "Office". When you import such a dataset, Keshif will first detect the codes stored in the dataset, and then you can refined your data visualizations by changing category labels (applying the codebooks).
To change the category labels,
- Switch to Adjust dashboard mode,
- Mouse-over a categorical label,
- Click on the label to start editing text in-place, and
- Update the text and click Enter.
To remove the custom label / to reset to original data label:
- Switch to "Adjust" dashboard mode,
- Shift+Click on the label.
- The edited labels are used across the dashboard automatically, including record detail informations.
- If your data is coded by numeric (integer) data, such as 1 for Female, and 2 for Male, you need to first convert the attribute type inside the dashboard to categorical.