Using mouse select modes in a time-series chart
Time-series charts in Keshif offer two mouse interaction modes: Nearest Record, and Nearest Time-Key.
- In this mode, the closest record to the mouse is highlighted, other records are dimmed, and a pop-up shows additional data.
- This mode is useful to identify individual records and their path over time.
Nearest Time Key
- In this mode, the closest time-key is selected and multiple pop-ups reveal record values for that time-key. The pop-up automatically responds to the active time-series plot type, showing direct values, ranking, %-change or #-change as appropriate.
- This mode is useful to very quickly review data for a specific time key (such as year).
To select the mouse modes in a time series chart,
- Open the record chart configuration panel (⚙icon), and
- Select Nearest Record or Nearest Time-Keyfor the Mouse Select option.
- With the nearest time-key mode, the pop-ups show on both left and right sides of the line to maximize the visible information without overlap.