Supported Web Browsers
Keshif uses modern web technologies, and requires a modern web browser released on or after 2016.
Specifically, supported browsers are:
- Google Chrome - version 49 or later
- Safari - version 9.1 or later
- Mozilla Firefox - version 45 or later
- Microsoft Edge - version 16 or later
If you encounter any issues with browser versions noted above, please let us know the browser you are using, and try out using Keshif on Google Chrome browser. Note that Internet Explorer is not supported.
About Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer has reached (or about to reach) its lifecycle end, is not considered safe. Thus, overall recommendation is to use alternative, more recent browser versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- Internet Explorer, or browsers released before 2016, are not able to support the features that derive some of Keshif's underlying visual analytics technology.
- After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7, including Internet Explorer 11.
- Microsoft team published an article called The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser. "Microsoft has warned that using Internet Explorer is downright dangerous and the company goes so far as to no longer even describe it as a web browser", via Forbes.
- Microsoft is about to release an updated Microsoft Edge browser in 2019, making it available on a wider range of platforms and features in-line with Chrome's underlying technology. This would also make Edge browser available in older operating systems, and help increase adoption of newer browser technologies in older operating systems - which already had alternatives like Chrome and Firefox to stay more up-to-date.
Keshif is currently optimized for desktop and laptop computers. We believe interactive, rapid data exploration is best on desktop and laptop computers. You'll still be able to see and interact with Keshif dashboards on mobile or tablet devices, but we recommend larger screens for daily use. Keshif is not optimized for touch-screen interaction.
Self-service Account Setup
Our Keshif online platform explore.keshif.me currently supports sign-in with Gmail/ Google Suite account, or an email + password combination. You can authenticate with and import data from your Google Drive, Google Sheets, Data.World, Dropbox, and Microsoft One-Drive accounts.