How to export images and charts
To export images from Keshif, you currently need to utilize a screen-capture tool or a browser extension.
Quick Screen-Capture On Mac OS
Using the keyboard shortcut is the simplest way to capture a specific region/chart on a webpage.
Press Shift-Command (⌘)-4 on your keyboard. The cursor will change into crosshair. You can click and drag to identify the screen capture area. The screenshot is automatically saved to your desktop. For more information: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
Screen-Capture on Windows
You can find the tools and keyboard shortcuts in official Microsoft help pages here.
Screen-Capture on Chrome Browser
- Open developer console (clicking View -> Developer -> Developer Tools, or using keyboard shortcut Option + Command + I in MacOS, F12 or Control+Shift+I in Windows/Linux)
- Open Command Menu (shortcut: Cmd + Shift + P in MacOS, or Control+Shift+P in Windows/Linux)
- Type "screenshot"
- Select "Capture full size screenshot" or "Capture screenshot".
- This will download an image of the full current Keshif website. Read more about this approach here.
Using a Chrome Extension
We have tested the open-source Screenshot Extension found here. We can recommend using this extension for its convenience and annotation features.
Screen-Capture on Firefox Browser
- Open Web Developer tools
- Open Settings tab
- Click the option to enable "Take a screenshot of the entire page"
- Firefox will add a camera icon to the developer toolbar letting you capture screenshots with one-click. ( Info).
For more details, please see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Taking_screenshots.