Adjusting bin ranges in interval charts
To change the bin width guide of an interval chart,
- Open the chart configuration panel, and
- Select the desired Bin Width option.
- Select an existing option (from Narrow to Wide), or
- Fine-tune using + / - icons.
Histogram Charts (Numeric Data)
Line Charts (Timestamp Data)
- Bin width setting is used as a guide. Changing the bin width may not have an effect in some cases. The data binning also depends on data distribution, data limits, chart size, and picking ideal intervals such as multiples of 2, 5 or 10.
- Time-stamp data binning uses appropriate binning sizes by year, month, weeks, days, and so on.