Changing point colors in a scatter plot
There are two ways to adjust point colors: changing the color theme, or changing the attribute the map uses.
To color your scatter plot by compared record groups, see comparing record groups by color in a scatter plot.
Color source attribute
To change the color data attribute source in a scatter plot,
- First, ensure that you do not have any active comparisons.
- Then, use the drop-down menu to select the attribute that will color the scatter plot.
- To remove colors from the plot, select the None option.
To change the color theme,
- First, ensure that the scatter plot is colored by one of the attributes in your dataset.
- Then click the paint brush icon on the color legend area, and
- Invert the active color theme, or
- Select a linear or log scale, or
- Select a sequential theme, with colors in one continuous order, or
- Select a diverging theme, with colors that change as values both increase and decrease
- Switch between sequential and diverging themes
- When using time-series attributes, you can select a specific time key as color source, and analyze changes over time.
- Only numeric or time-series attributes can be used as the color data source.