Using chained vs. single filtering modes
Keshif's options for combining filtering settings can increase either depth or simplicity of visual analysis, with Chained and Single modes respectively.
- This mode specifies multiple criteria across different attributes, allowing for a powerful method to reduce or adjust the visualized data.
- Chained filtering is the default mode in new dashboards.
- This mode only allows for one active filter at a time.
- With single-filtering, adding a new filter on top of an existing one will remove the existing filter.
To change the filtering mode:
- Open the dashboard configuration panel (top-left ⚙icon), and
- Select the desired Filtering option: Single or Chained.