Creating a slope chart
Slope charts are time-series charts that only show the data "slopes" between the start- and end-time. Keshif creates slope charts with intuitive options for controlling time-keys.
After you have a time record chart, to create a slope-chart from time-series data,
- Open the record chart configuration panel (⚙icon), and
- Select 1st & Last (Slope) as Time Keys option.
- To view all of the time-keys in a given range, select All.
- If you want to create a slope chart from two consecutive time keys (such as 2010 and 2011), you can also adjust the desired time range. Since there are no other keys in between these two years, a slope chart is created without changing the Time Keys option.
- If you are using an indexed time chart, with a selected time key for comparison, this selected time key will also be shown in the slope chart.
- If your data has two time keys, all time-series charts are slope charts, and the configuration option cannot be changed.