Controlling aggregation options for a numeric attribute
- Measuring Total Age of a group of people generally not meaningful or useful.
- Measuring Average GDP per Capita of countries is not appropriate to understand trends in different global regions, as averages need to be computed by considering both total populations and total economic capacities for a group of countries.
Keshif shows only supported numeric attributes as options when using Sum or Average functions. By default, numeric attributes can be used for both functions.
To change the supported aggregation options for a numeric attribute,
- Open the attribute panel,
- Open settings of the attribute by clicking [ ⋮ ],
- Select Aggregation,
- Select Sum or Average, and
- Select Enable or Disable.
- A numeric attribute that's based on a time-series (such as, data on a specific year) follows the setting of its time-series attribute. To adjust the setting, please use the time-series attribute of such variables.