Adjusting value axis scale in a scatter plot: Linear / Log
The axis scale is a key factor in revealing relevant trends in visual analytics, and selecting the appropriate type in an analysis setting can produce more informative and effective charts.
To change the scale type for X or Y axis in a scatter plot,
- Open the record chart configuration panel (⚙icon), and
- Select Linear or Log (Logarithmic) for the corresponding Axis Scale option.
- The axis scale is set for the selected scatter plot axis attribute. Switching to another data attribute may change this setting of scatter plot. This is because the logarithmic scale depends on the characteristics of the selected data attribute (see constraints).
- The value axis scale setting of a data attribute is used across all applicable chart types in Keshif, such as time-series value axis, scatter plot x/y axes, record map colors, and histogram bins. This ensures that the data is consistently mapped in different visualization types.
- Logarithmic scale option is not available when the values for the X/Y axis attribute include zero or negative numbers.