Creating a categorical bar chart
To create a categorical bar chart and add it into dashboard,
- Switch to Author dashboard mode,
- Find a categorical attribute to add into the dashboard.
Categorical attributes are those labeled with the script letter A.
- Double-click on the attribute to auto-insert it in one of the panels, or
- Drag-and-drop the attribute to one of the panels.
- It's easy to identify categorical attributes using the attribute panel. This panel allow you to search by attribute name, or to select the attribute type (e.g. categorical) you want to visualize.
- Inserting with a double-click first tries to place the categorical chart on the left panel. If the left side of the dashboard is full, the chart is added to the middle panel.
- If categories have geographical regions, you can use categorical choropleth maps. Learn how.