◆ Using categorical charts: Bar Charts & Maps
Categorical data is visualized by grouping records into each category of the attribute. Categorical bar charts effectively visualize the distribution of data using bars. If categories describe geographic regions, categorical choropleth maps visualize distribution of data using color for each region.
- Learn how to quickly add a categorical bar chart into your dashboard.
- Learn overview of common chart controls.
- Learn how to filter for a single category or multiple categories.
- When categories describe geographic regions, you can switch to a map chart with a single click.
- Explore ways to adjust bar width, height, and scale of categorical bar charts.
- Learn about Keshif's various data-driven and custom sorting options.
- A data attribute may include multiple categories combined into one field, such as tags of articles. Learn more about Keshif's unique features in dealing with multi-categorical data.