◆ Using categorical charts: Bar Charts & Maps
Categorical data is visualized by grouping records into each category of the attribute. Categorical bar charts effectively visualize the distribution of data using bars. If categories describe geographic regions, categorical choropleth maps visualize distribution of data using color for each region.
- Learn how to quickly add a categorical bar charts into the dashboard.
- Learn how to filter to a single category or multiple categories.
- When categories describe geographic regions, you can switch to a map chart with a single click.
- Categorical bar visualizations use bars for each category of the attribute. You can adjust bar width, height, and scale of categorical charts.
- Learn about Keshif's various data-driven and custom sorting options.
- A data attribute may include multiple categories combined into one field, such as tags of articles. Learn more about Keshif's unique features in dealing with multi-categorical data.