Filtering Data using Categories
You can filter a dataset by selecting one or more categories in categorical data charts.
Per Category: Only / Not / Or / And filters
You can filter a specific category by selecting one of the only-, not-, or-, and- options. You can also select multiple categories in a single categorical data (chart).
- Learn how to filter to data in a single category.
- Learn how to filter out data in certain categories with not-selections.
- Learn how to filter multiple categories with Or-selections to create unions.
- If your data has multiple-categories, you can filter two or more categories with And-selections for analyzing intersections.
- Keshif only show relevant options (only / not / or / and) on filtering context menu. For example, you can only select "Or-" option if there's an existing filter, or you can only select "And-" option if there can be multiple categories per record.
- Learn how to filter to multiple categories that match your text search.
- Learn how to filter out, or filter to, missing data in a categorical attribute.
- Learn how to remove category filters in a dashboard.
- Learn how to remove all category filters in a categorical chart.