Filtering missing data
If a data attribute has missing (none or invalid) data, you can use a special filter to remove missing data ("filter-out"), or to keep only the missing data ("filter-in").
The missing data is shown by an empty-set icon ( ∅ ) in the bottom left corner of an aggregated chart, along with the measurement value, such as count, of the records with missing data.
To filter based on missing data in a data attribute:
- Click the empty-set icon, and
- Select Missing data to only keep the data missing for that attribute ("filter-in").
- Select Valid data to remove the missing data for that attribute ("filter-out").
To clear a missing data filter,
- Click on the empty-set icon, and
- Select Clear.
- If you are analyzing data in %-of-total breakdown mode, filtering out missing values enables generating percentage values based only on the dataset part with existing data.