Using %-of-All breakdown mode for analysis
The %-of-Total breakdown mode shows each aggregate measurement with relevance (percentage) to the total measurement of all data. If the dataset is filtered, the filtered dataset totals are used.
The percentage values are shown in the visualizations and measurement labels. The specific visualization results also depend on data selections and visualization settings, such as group-views, axis scales and extents, and so on.
In the sample chart capture above,
- Different colors show different property types. The top data status panel, as well as the tooltip for pointed room type (private room) clarifies the colors.
- The breakdown section in tooltip, and chart visualizations show the combined percentage out of all Airbnb Listings. For example,
- 5.2% of all listings are Private room and Apartment type.
- 5.8% of all listings are Entire home/apt and Condominium type.
- When using %-of-Total mode, the resulting visualizations are identical to Absolute breakdown modes.
- %-based breakdown modes cannot be used with average measure functions, or sum measure function with negative totals. In other words, this mode can be used only when using Count function, or Sum function with positive values, so that the percentages can be validly computed.