◆ Using breakdown modes on group comparisons
Keshif's breakdown modes let you change how a dashboard computes and displays trends on an aggregate (grouped) level.
Specifically, Keshif features absolute mode to compute and compare raw data values, and three percentage-modes to compute and compare proportional values.
- Computes and visualizes the absolute (raw-valued) numbers.
Percentage based modes
When you want to analyze your data in percentages, you need to specify out of which data group, among three possible options:
- This mode computes percentages out of records in compared selections.
- This mode computes the percentages out of records in each group (aggregate) in charts.
- This mode computes percentages out of total data (if data is filtered, out of the filtered part of the data).
- Percentage-based breakdown modes cannot be used with the average measure function or sum measure function with negative totals. See measuring aggregates for more information.
- Learn how to set the active breakdown mode.
- The data-rich pop-ups and chart axis labels are automatically updated to show the breakdown setting of the analysis. They also help to understand how the data is computed and presented.
- If using a percentage-based mode without comparison selections, Keshif shows percentages out-of-total by default for the active data selection.