Zooming in / out of interval charts
To zoom into an interval chart,
- Filter to the desired number-range or time-range, and
- Click the + icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom-left corner.
To zoom out (see full range) in an interval chart,
- Click the - icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom-left corner.
- Zooming-out resets the view to the limits of the whole dataset.
- Keshif dynamically re-creates appropriate bins for aggregate analysis after zooming interactions. You'll see finer details of the data after zooming in, and coarser distributions after zooming out.
- If the data cannot be shown at a closer level, Keshif auto-disables the zoom-in feature.
- For example, this applies when data is whole numbers and each bin in the chart is a whole number (thus data cannot be analyzed with smaller ranges), or data is a timestamp attribute with only year component and each bin is a single year.
- You cannot zoom without filtering the data using the chart first.
- You cannot zoom into a data range that is not in the filtered data section.
- This ensures that you can see all data points after filtering, preventing situations where filtered-out data becomes the focus of a chart.