Splitting multiple categories in an attribute
When an attribute includes multiple categories split by a specific character, this step separates these categories and creates multi-valued categorical attributes.
To split these categories,
- Open the attribute panel,
- Open settings of the attribute by clicking [ ⋮ ],
- Select Convert data type,
- Select Multi-Cat. (Split By), and
- Select the separating character.
- The separating character should not appear in any of the category texts. So, if some category includes the ";" character, you should use a different character, such as * or + as separator in your data source.
- Another option is to store and load this data as JSON strings, such as ["Apples","Bananas"], and select the Parse as JSON option under Convert data type option.