Changing the axes in a scatter plot
To choose the data attribute used for either the vertical or horizontal axis of your scatter plot,
- Use the drop-down menu to select the desired axis attribute.
To swap the vertical and horizontal axis of the scatter plot,
- Click the swap icon (opposing arrows) on the lower-left corner of the chart.
- When you use a time-series attribute in an axis, you can specify the time key (such as a year) for visualization, and also can analyze changes over time.
- If a record does not have valid data for either of the X or Y attributes, it will not be shown in the record scatter plot. Thus, number of points visible can be smaller than the number of the records in a dataset.
- Only numeric or time-series attributes can be used as a scatter plot axis.
- You cannot use the same attribute for both axes. The resulting visualization fails to show any interaction between two different variables.