Selecting record chart type: List, Map, Scatter Plot, Time-Series Charts
The record panel supports four chart options:
- List: Record are listed in the sorting order you choose.
- Map: Records are drawn on a geographical map.
- Time: Records are plotted as line paths that shows values over time.
- Scatter: Records are plotted as points for two of the numeric features.
Selecting the record chart type
To select the record chart type,
- Click the chart option on the upper-right corner of the record chart display: List, Map, Time, and Scatter.
- If the record chart is not visible, learn how to add.
- Open the dashboard configuration panel (⚙icon), and
- Select the desired chart type under Record Chart Type option.
Note: If a chart type is not supported with the given dataset, the option is shown as disabled, and cannot be selected.
- The Map option is available when each record has a unique location, such as point-location or region.
- The Scatter option is available when the dataset has two or more numeric data attributes.
- The Time option is available when the dataset has at least one time-series attribute.