Creating a line chart
To create a line chart chart and add it into dashboard,
- Switch to Author dashboard mode,
- Find the timestamp attribute to add into the dashboard, and
- Double-click on the attribute, or
- Drag-and-drop the attribute to one of the panels
The line charts noted here are for analysis of aggregated data based on timestamp information (such as date field of a database of events). If you want to analyze changes over time with time-series attributes (data per record), please see using record time-series charts topic. Keshif's time-series visual analytics approach allows creating bump-charts, time-indexed charts, slope-charts and more.
- To find a timestamp attribute, you can use data type filters or text search in the attribute panel.
- Double-click first tries to insert the histogram chart on the bottom chart panel. if it's full, the charts are added to the middle panel.