Creating a line chart
To create a line chart chart and add it into dashboard,
- Switch to Author dashboard mode,
- Find a timestamp attribute to add into the dashboard.
Timestamp attributes are those labeled with a small calendar icon.
- Double-click on the attribute to auto-insert it in one of the panels, or
- Drag-and-drop the attribute to one of the panels
The line charts noted here are for analysis of aggregated data based on timestamp information (such as the date field of a database of events). If you want to analyze changes over time with time-series attributes, please see our using record time-series charts topic. Keshif's time-series visual analytics approach allows creating bump-charts, time-indexed charts, slope-charts and more.
- To find a timestamp attribute, you can use data type filters or text search in the attribute panel.
- Inserting with a double-click places the timestamp line chart on the bottom panel.