Using %-of-Groups breakdown mode for analysis
The %-of-Groups breakdown mode shows each aggregate measurement with relevance (percentage) to the total measurement of each data group.
The percentage values are shown in the visualizations and measurement labels. The specific visualization results also depend on data selections and visualization settings, such as group-views, axis scales and extents, and so on. Previously, this mode was called "relative breakdown".
In the sample chart capture above,
- Different colors show different property types. The top data status panel, as well as the tooltip for pointed room type (private room) clarifies the colors.
- The breakdown section in tooltip, and chart visualizations show the Property Type percentages out of each Room Type in chart. For example,
- 20.5% out of the private room types are Apartment type.
- 12.6% out of the shared room types are Townhouse type.
- When using %-of-Groups mode without comparison selections, Keshif shows percentages out-of-total for the whole data aggregates.
- %-based breakdown modes cannot be used with average measure functions, or sum measure function with negative totals. In other words, this mode can be used only when using Count function, or Sum function with positive values, so that the percentages can be validly computed.