◆ Data preparation overview
The help topics in this section describe how you can prepare data within the dashboard after importing to enable appropriate visualizations and extended analysis.
Timestamp Data Preparation
When raw data is imported, date-time attributes are likely to be first recognized as numeric or text data. Data preparation steps can convert these data to timestamp attributes for correct and effective analysis in Keshif.
- Learn how to convert categorical (text) values of dates to timestamp data.
- Learn how to convert numeric values (such as year) to timestamp data.
Categorical Data Preparation
- If the data source include multiple categories stored in a single column, learn how to easily split the categories.
- If the data source codes each category by a different value (e.g. M for Male), learn how to easily change labels.
- If the data source codes categories by a numeric numeric value, or if you wish to have a categorical visualization for numeric options, learn how to change the data type from numeric to categorical.
Numeric Data Preparation
- Learn how to set unit names ("kg", "m" and "$") for numeric data.
- Learn how to fine-tune measurement options by selecting how a numeric attribute can be used for aggregation.